In this guide, we’ll walk you through integrating your Stitch notifications with Slack using Slack’s email integration features: Email forwarding and the Email app.
A Stitch Enterprise plan. The Custom email notification list is available only on a Stitch Enterprise plan.
An existing Slack account. Depending on ]the method you want to use to integrate with Slack](#configure-slack), you may need a Slack Standard or Plus plan.
Step 1: Configure Slack
Using one of the two following methods, you can integrate Stitch email notifications with Slack:
Option 1: Integrate using a forwarding address
Slack’s forwarding address feature enables you to forward emails to your Slack workspace. Emails sent to the forwarding address are received in your direct message with Slackbot.
- From your desktop Slack app, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Messages & Media.
- In the Bring Emails into Slack section, click the Get a forwarding Address button.
Copy the email address that displays:
Option 2: Integrate using the Slack Email app
Slack’s Email app automatically routes emails to the channel or direct message in Slack that you specify.
- Navigate to the Email app page in the Slack App Directory.
- Click Install, or Add Configuration if the app has already been installed in your workspace.
- In the Post to Channel section, select the channel or direct message you want to post emails to.
- Click Add Email Integration to add the integration.
- After the integration has been successfully created, you can further define the integration’s settings. Update the label, name, icon, or preview message as desired, clicking Save Integration when finished.
- Copy the Email Address from the top of the page.
Step 2: Add the Slack email address to your Stitch custom notification list
- Sign into your Stitch account.
- Click the User menu (your icon) > Manage Account Settings.
- Click the Notification Settings tab.
- Click the Add email button in the Custom notification list section.
- In the field that displays, paste the Slack email address you created in Step 1, either by creating a forwarding address or using the Email app.
- Click the Save Email button.